Key Reasons Why Pre-Purchase Building and Pest Inspections Are Vital For Homebuyers
| Total Inspections, 2020
Perhaps you saw a new property and immediately fell in love.
Or maybe you took the time to inspect the home yourself before making any emotional decisions.
Regardless of whether you fell head over heels for the property, or if the attachment you formed was more measured, it is still worth getting a pre-purchase building inspection in Gold Coast, Brisbane, or elsewhere across Queensland and northern New South Wales.
So here’s exactly why pre-purchase building and pest inspections are vital for homebuyers:
It can be difficult to catch problems
without a professional eye.
You may decide to give the prospective property a thorough inspection on your own, examining it for any structural issues, potential pest problems, or general negative points you could find.
While this is worth doing, if you don’t have a professional background, you’ll most likely end up missing things.
Things like smoke alarms and downlight covers, handrails and balconies, concrete paths and walkways.
All of these things need to be checked thoroughly with a professional eye to ensure safety!
The signs of a pest infestation are also very difficult to pick up on without any training, so it’s always best to get the professional advice or risk paying the price.
It’s expensive to put things right after purchase.
Once the purchase is finalised, the property is yours, and so is the responsibility. This means you bear all of the costs of repairs, replacements, and pest control.
There may be some instances in which you can claim a property was mis-sold, and attempt to claim these costs back. But success is unlikely, and will require an expensive and time-consuming legal process.
It’ll keep you and your family safe.
Many structural defects or pest control issues are not just irritating, but are in fact dangerous for you, your family, and any other visitors.
Uneven flooring and wiring problems can cause severe injury, while pest infestations can seriously damage your health.
A pre-inspection will eliminate these risks, giving full peace of mind before you purchase.
It can make the decision process much easier.
Choosing which home to buy can be tricky.
There are so many factors to take into account, and we often find that our judgement is clouded by emotion.
Being able to draw on expert data like this helps you to rule out properties and make more well-informed decisions.
Must-have pre-purchase building and
pest inspection tips for Aussie homebuyers:
• Choose a pre-purchase building and pest inspector who knows your local market, from Ballina, New South Wales to Brisbane, Queensland.
• Choose an inspector with solid reviews and a good track record, at a reasonable price.
• Remember that the price you pay for the inspection will be less than you would pay for repairs and pest extermination after purchase.
• Take your inspector’s advice on board. Purchasing a property is an emotional decision, but it should still be made with care, and with consideration of expert advice.
• To find out more about building and pest inspections for residential homebuyers in the Gold Coast and beyond, or to schedule an appointment, reach out to our team today.